You can now get your wedding or special occasion spray tan in the comfort of your Queenstown accommodation. We have recently welcomed Terri Cunningham to the EVE team, she is a qualified and experienced beauty therapist, nail tech and pro spray tanner! You can see our full range of beauty services and price list HERE.
There are a few key steps you need to follow to get the best results from your spray tan, we have outlined them all below.
Prepping your skin before your tan is so important to get a flawless application.
BEFORE YOUR TAN:
- MOISTURISE your skin a lot in the weeks leading up to your spray tan. Queenstown and the Otago region is an extremely dry climate so if you can arrive with well-hydrated skin, to begin with, you will get longer lasting results from your spray tan.
- HAIR REMOVAL: if you wax you want to do this at least 24 hours before your spray tan if shaving 8 to 12 hours beforehand if possible. Hair removal leaves you with open pores and when the bronzer in the tan gets in those pores it can leave you with "spotty" results depending on your skin type.
- EXFOLIATE your skin before your spray tan. Make sure you do NOT use an oil based exfoliating product (such as coffee scrubs or coconut oil scrubs) as they will leave a film on your skin that will stop your tan from taking to the skin. If you are unsure of the ingredients of your exfoliator, using a flannel and body wash works a treat.
- CLEAR SKIN: Have nothing on your skin: do NOT apply any makeup, moisturiser or deodorant to your skin before your tan as they can act as a barrier, stopping the tan from attaching to your skin.
- WEAR loose clothing: after your spray tan while you're waiting to shower. Don't wear a bra or anything that is tight or might rub making your tan uneven as it processes.
AFTER YOUR TAN:
- FIRST SHOWER: Our tans are rapid, which means you can shower after 2 hours and your tan will continue to develop over the following 6 to 8 hours. When you shower after the first 2 hours, do NOT use body wash or soap, just use your hands to wash/rub off the bronzer that will be on your body. Once you're out of the shower, pat your skin dry with a towel, rather than rubbing. Do NOT moisturise after this shower.
- AFTER 8+ hours: you can start moisturising your body and using body wash in the shower.
To get the longest life possible from your spray tan:
- Use gentle shower products - opt for body wash rather than soap.
- Try not to have your showers too hot.
- Pat dry your skin after a shower.
- Moisturise twice a day - use an oil-free moisturiser, oils break down the DHA in the tan and can give your skin that cracked appearance.
- Avoid getting in spa pools, saunas or chlorinated swimming pools.
If you have any questions at all or would like to book a spray tan or anything other beauty treatment, send us an email at email@example.com